Annual General Meeting of Recyke y’Bike Limited
(Company and Charity)
For year ending June 30th 2017
7th December 2017, 6.00 for 6:30pm
The Journey, Higham Place,
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8AN.
- Chairman’s welcome
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of Previous AGM
- Matters Arising not dealt with elsewhere
- Chairman’s Remarks and presentation of Trustees’ Report
- To receive Financial Report and Accounts (Financial Year 1st July 2016 – 30th June 2017)
- Appointment of Officers and Trustees**.
- Appointment of Read, Milburn and Company as external examiner/auditor.
- To approve the amended and updated Articles of Association which includes modified wording of the Objects of the Charity, an additional object to reflect the work RyB does supporting bicycle recycling overseas and necessary changes for the Articles to comply with the latest Company Law and Charity Commission guidelines.
- Any other relevant business
- Provisional date of AGM for year 2017-18
After the main business we’re delighted that Space For Gosforth will also be presenting an outline of their campaign, and how they’ve tapped into the human element to make the issue of creating safe, people-friendly streets an irresistible movement.
Light refreshments will be provided and members and guests are welcome to stay for friendly chat and to partake of the Journey’s cafe facilities.
** Appointment of Officers and Trustees
One third of the Trustees must retire at each AGM, the longest-serving first. This year Rod Ferguson and Ian Bremner are in this category. Rod Ferguson has decided to resign as Trustee from the date of the AGM. Ian Bremner is willing to stand for re-election.
Dorothy Craw, Honorary President, was co-opted by the board in January this year is proposed for formal election to the board.
Also proposed for formal election are three people who have been approved by the Trustees and are thus recommended for acceptance.
The following Trustees, who were on or re-elected to the Board at the previous AGM, continue in post:- John Litherland, Rod Stapley, William Mortada and Ben Hoare.
New trustees who are prepared to add their enthusiasm and expertise to running Recyke y’Bike are always welcome. A trustee must be an existing Member eg as an established volunteer or become one.
The Board can have up to 11 trustees and there will be 9 serving following this AGM.
Anyone considering standing as a trustee is invited to contact the Company Secretary, or the chairman, John Litherland.
The following stand for reappointment:
John Litherland as Chairman.
Alasdair Wilson as Company Secretary (This post need not necessarily be held by a Trustee)
Rod Stapley as Treasurer.
Recyke y’Bike Limited
Company No. 05839547 Registered Charity No. 1124639
Unit 2, Railway Arches, Hannington Street, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 1JT